Happy New Year Beauties and Beaus!
We have made into another year! I appreciate you rocking with me thus far and sticking close by my side. This year will be a great year and I will venture into some different topics and hopefully, I will experience some new things that I will be able to share with you. I hope the New Year has been great to you so far. So let's get into my 2017 Beauty Resolutions/Goals.
I must add that I don't really believe in establishing New Year's Resolutions. This list of things are goals that I desire to accomplish this year 2017 in the area of beauty. Each of these things that I'm about to share are ways to help improve taking care of myself from the inside out. There will be tons of other things that I will commit to doing this year, but I wanted to share these few things with you.
1. Incorporate Dry Brushing into my bath time. What is Dry Brushing? Dry Brushing to keep it simple is exfoliation. It helps to remove dead skin cells, improve the appearance of cellulite, improves blood circulation, helps to shed excess water weight, cleans pores and helps with lymphatic support. As a bonus, you walk away with smooth skin. Can you believe I purchased my brush last year and only used it once? Shame! My focus is to dry brush every night before showering. Don't worry, I will post more about Dry Brushing at a later time and give you my results.
2. Double My Water Intake. Currently, I drink lots of water. I've never been the type of person to not like water. I actually love water, but because one of my goals is to stay on my fitness journey and loose more weight, I desire to double my water intake. Drinking water, as we all know, is great for the skin, helps to encourage weight loss, and just simply overall healthy. The end result for this year would be to drink a gallon of water per day.
3. Never Skip out on using my Pumice Stone. I read Woman Habits by Shanel Cooper-Sykes (MUST READ) a few years ago, I recall her mentioning the importance of exfoliating your feet daily in the shower. The end result is smooth crust-less feet! I mean who wants to go to bed with crusty feet? Let's be honest, lotion and baby oil can only do so much. Exfoliation of your feet each night helps to improve the moisture you apply after you shower. I was faithful with using my pumice stone, it's just some nights I tend to forget. So the focus is never skipping out on using my pumice stone. I must have radiant soft feet this summer!
4. Get more sleep! I must admit I don't get much sleep. The body needs approximately 8 hrs of sleep each night. I tend to get anywhere from 5-6 hrs each night. I know, it's bad. I'm a busy bee and I'm always focused on doing something during the wee hours of the morning. My goal is to make sure I go to bed at midnight each night to ensure I have at least 8 hrs of sleep. I need all of the beauty rest I can get! I'm getting older and I see now where the 5-6 hrs of sleep each night is only working against me concerning my overall health.
5. Use Under Eye Gel Daily. Well, I'm sure you already know why this made the list. The lack of sleep! Using an under eye gel helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and also helps to de-puff that hideous lack of sleep bags. My goal is to find a really good one. I've tried a few, but I have yet to find one that screams "Kelly I belong to you for life"! My goal is to improve my under eye area to help improve the appearance of my under eye highlight I spend countless amounts of time on each morning. Giggles.
I wish you tons of love, happiness, and success this year 2017! May you reach for the stars and accomplish all that you desire to accomplish! What are your beauty resolutions/goals for 2017? Have a great under eye gel/serum you can recommend to help me out? Leave comments below!
Until next time Peace and Blessings! -XO Kelly Nicole.