I wanted to discuss something else and take a break from Hair color for a while. There is still a lot to cover concerning hair color but I wanted to change it up. I know a lot of people are going natural and it seems to be what's really hot right now. I love the natural looks from the braids, twist, afros, locs, and many other styles. I'm just not bold enough to do away with my relaxed style as of yet. I just wanted to share a few tips that I ran across for natural hair and healthy locs, while reading my Hype Hair Mags.
1. When you use styling products, try using products with little to no alcohol it is very drying.
2. Use a satin scarf or bonnet instead of a scarf that is made out of cotton (the bandannas that we love to wear). The Satin scarf will help keep in moisture which will help condition the hair.
3. Never let your hair go unconditioned. Condition! CONDITION! CONDITION!!!!
4. Deep condition your hair at least once a week
5. When you use your Conditioner don't over use it, this will cause buildup
6. When you buy hair products, buy products with panthenol as an active ingredient. It is essential in strengthening the hair as well as hair growth.
7. For hair that is brittle and dry shampoo hair once a week, this will help to restore your natural oils and lost moisture
8. Protect the hair from Sun. Use a leave in conditioner with a sunscreen
9. Lanolin Oil, Coconut oil, and other essential oils are excellent for an intense conditioning process.
10. Maintain a healthy diet! What goes in is what comes out!
11. Visit a stylist that specializes in natural hair care on a regular basis
1. Deep condition on a regular basis to prevent dry brittle looking locs
2. Use hot oil treatments between shampoos to keep hair and scalp healthy
3. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables daily! Again what goes in comes out!
4. Also use a satin scarf or bonnet
♥♥♥Ms. Erykah Badu ♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥ Jill Scott♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥ India Arie♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥ Teyanna Taylor♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥ Tracee Ellis Ross and Her Mother Dianna Ross♥♥♥♥♥♥
Style # 2
I love afro's and I have rocked a couple a time or two. These are some quickweaves that I've done for me!